Heart disease is a condition that affects your heart & mainly occurs due to the sedentary lifestyle of an individual. The heart diseases that are very common are (arrhythmias) heart rhythm problems, coronary artery disease, congenital heart defects (defect in heart by birth), dilated cardiomyopathy, heart failure, myocardial infarction, mitral regurgitation, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, pulmonary stenosis, mitral valve prolapse, pericardial disease, rheumatic heart disease, etc.
The heart is the most important organ in our body as if it stops working then we get died. Heart diseases are also known as cardiovascular diseases that involve blocked or narrow blood vessels that cause heart attack, stroke, & pain in the chest region. Ayurveda provides the best & effective treatment for different heart diseases.
What are the signs & symptoms seen in different types of heart diseases?
The different signs & symptoms according to the type of heart diseases are:
1) Atherosclerotic disease: The different signs & symptoms seen are chest pain, chest discomfort, pressure on the chest, shortness of breath, pain in neck, throat, jaw, upper abdomen, weakness, coldness, numbness, or pain in legs or arms if the blood vessels get narrowed in those body parts.
2) Heart arrhythmia (Abnormal heartbeat): In this condition, your heart may beat too slow, too quick, or irregularly. The common symptoms seen in these patients are the slow heartbeat, pain in chest, discomfort, dizziness, lightheadness, shortness of breath, racing heartbeat, fainting.
3) Dilated cardiomyopathy: The signs & symptoms seen in these patients are fatigue, swelling in legs, ankles, feet, breathlessness, irregular heartbeats, fainting, dizziness, lightheadedness, etc.
4) Congenital heart disease: It is the defect that you are born with & seen soon after birth. The signs & symptoms seen are blue or pale gray skin color, shortness of breath, swelling in the legs, abdomen, & around the eyes.
5) Heart infections: This affects the chambers & valves of the heart. The signs & symptoms seen are weakness, shortness of breath, fever, swelling in the abdomen or legs, changes in heart rhythm, dry cough, skin rashes or unusual spots.
6) Valvular heart disease: In this condition, valves get damaged leading to stenosis, prolapse, & regurgitation. The signs & symptoms seen are chest pain, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, fatigue, swollen feet or ankle, fainting, etc.
What are the causes of heart diseases?
According to the type of heart diseases, there are different causes related:
1) Atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is the most common cause of heart disease. Being overweight, unhealthy diet, smoking, & lack of exercise is the reason for it.
2) Heart arrhythmia: Heart arrhythmia causes abnormal heartbeat due to high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, congenital heart defects, stress, drug abuse, valvular heart disease, excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol, etc.
3) Dilated cardiomyopathy: It is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart that results in damage after a heart attack, toxins, infections, & certain drugs.
4) Restrictive cardiomyopathy: It is the least common cardiomyopathy that may cause hemochromatosis, amyloidosis, & other connective tissue disorders.
5) Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: In this type, the heart muscles become abnormal. It develops due to high blood pressure or aging.
6) Heart infections: The bacteria, parasites, & viruses are responsible for the development of heart infections.
7) Valvular heart disease: The different causes of heart valvular disease are infections, connective tissue disorders, & rheumatic fever.
What are the risk factors of heart diseases?
There are different risk factors that are responsible for heart diseases:
- Age: As the age increases there is a high risk of damaged & narrowed arteries that ultimately causes heart diseases.
- Family history: In your family, if anyone is having history of heart disease than you may have this disease.
- Sex: Men are at higher risk of developing heart disease as compare to women.
- Unhealthy diet: Consumption of extra fat, sugar, salt, & cholesterol increases the risk of heart disease.
- High cholesterol levels: Increased cholesterol levels in the blood forms plaques & atherosclerosis.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure results in thickening & hardening of arteries that in the end develop heart disease.
- Obesity: Obese people are at a higher risk.
- Diabetes: Diabetes a life-style disorder increases the risk of heart disease.
- Stress: Excessive stress damages the arteries in the heart & develop heart diseases.
What is the Ayurvedic view of heart diseases?
In Ayurveda, the heart is named as “Haridya”. The imbalance of three doshas Vata, Pitta, & Kapha is responsible for the development of different types of heart diseases.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for heart diseases?
In Ayurveda, there are many herbs that will deal with all the heart diseases. Superlife World HealthCare introduces “Heart Care Kit” for maintaining the signs & symptoms related to heart diseases.
All products description in detail:
Here are the details of all the medicines:
1) Hrudroga Chintamani Rasa: Hrudroga Chintamani Rasa is a pure ayurvedic formulation that deals with different heart diseases. The ingredients used for the preparation of this disease shows cardioprotective & anti-arrhythmic properties. These properties maintain the proper flow of blood in the body.
Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2) Detox premium powder: Detox premium powder is prepared from the ingredients such as shukta pishti, akik pishti, giloy satav, parwal pishti, shankh bhasma, etc. This herbal powder deals with the different types of heart diseases. It reduces chest pain, discomfort, dizziness, shortness of breath, & other symptoms.
Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
3) Vaat Nashak vati: These are herbal ayurvedic tablets that are prepared from ingredients such as giloy, jahar mohra pishti, abhrak bhasma, etc. These all ingredients in it reduces chest pain, fainting, weakness, bodyache, & other symptoms.
Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4) Trikatu Syrup: This herbal syrup is prepared from the combination of three common herbs named as Black pepper, Long pepper, & Ginger. These herbs in combination reduce inflammation, pain, & remove all toxins out from the body.
Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls thrice daily before meals.
What is the Panchakarma treatment for Heart diseases?
Along with Ayurvedic medicines, panchakarma treatment provides quick & effective results to heart disease patients. The procedures that are recommended to heart disease patients are:
1) Abhyangam: In this procedure, massage is done with herbal oils for maintaining proper blood circulation in the body.
2) Haridya Vasti: In this therapy, a ring with flour is made on the chest region. Put hot medicated oil in this ring after that massage is done.
3) Shiro dhara: In this procedure, lukewarm medicated oil is put dropwise on the forehead. After that message is done of the head & forehead. It will reduce the stress that is responsible for the development of heart diseases.
Healthy diet & Lifestyle:
The patient should follow a healthy diet along with lifestyles for reducing the risk of development of heart diseases. So follow some healthy tips mentioned below:
1) Drink plenty of water.
2) Include vegetables such as bottle gourd, ridge gourd, bitter gourd, pumpkin, green leafy vegetables in your diet.
3) Eat fruits such as apple, papaya, peach, pear, banana, muskmelon, kiwi, noni, watermelon, etc.
4) Do perform yoga poses such as sukhasana, uttanasana, janu sirsasana, adho mukha svanasana, setu bandha savangasana, tadasana, & do meditation for 15 minutes.
5) Walk daily for half an hour or one hour.
6) Drink green coconut water & herbal tea prepared from Arjun herb.